Thursday, October 2, 2014

Living Up to the Stereotype

Personally, I think stereotypes are hilarious whenever I see them lived up to. Stereotypes exist for a reason so it would make sense that we see them in action from time to time. I live up to the American stereotype every once in a while and I'm not ashamed of it. I eat hamburgers, ride big motorcycles and sometimes talk a bit too loudly in public places. I drink starbucks and frequent Costco no matter which country I am (Kirkland signature makes good jeans for cheap haha). All this in no way means that I don't respect the local specialties. I just sometimes fit within a stereotype and that's okay with me as long as I don't let it define me.

Anyway, this is what was on my mind today. Also, what a great day this turned out to be. Hanging out at the beach, enjoying local cuisine and sleeping all afternoon. I need more days like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment