I suppose I should do no less than introduce this blog by way of an explanation. Quite frankly, I have never enjoyed writing about myself because it feels like such a self-indulgent and narcissistic endeavor. I have had many people suggest that I write an autobiography, which I started but I couldn't even finish the first page. My heart wasn't in it, I had no interest in recording such detailed reflection. Self reflection is extremely important for personal growth but I tend to see that as something purely between my ego and me. Not to mention the pretentiously self-important attitude that resides in an autobiography, indirectly stating that my life is certainly interesting enough that a reasonably sizable demographic would certainly pay $19.95 to read about it. Perhaps when I am old and accomplished (hopefully), then I could ponder the possibility. But my initial effort failed because I just simply lacked interest in writing about myself. Therefore, this blog is not necessarily focused on myself.
It will be about the places that I experience and the observations that I make. It will be somewhat objective (I hope) but I will put my own spin on things too. I will write about past events and future speculations/predictions. I will write about facts and historical sites as well as give my opinions on both unimportant and controversial subjects as the occasions present themselves. If I offend any of you in what I say then I URGE you to simply not be offended and instead be open minded. You don't have to agree with me and you certainly don't have to be offended. I will write in different languages and I will not give translations unless it is convenient for me to do so (use google translator if you need to).
What's most important to me is my family, my friends, my community and the pursuit for the truth and a better and more peaceful world. It sounds cliche, I know, but I have never been more sincere about anything in my whole life. I am starting this blog because those who care about me and are interested in what I am doing have encouraged me to do so. And because of that, I feel extremely honored. Thank you for reading and I invite you to ask me anything about any of my posts and I will surely try my best to reply promptly.
But not a mention of Adolf O'Possum Herr Ramone, me thinks its a very egotistical blog indeed !!!!!!
ReplyDeleteEgotistical means focused on oneself. I thought that I made it clear that I am not focusing on myself, rather I am focusing on my observations and experiences. That's a small but important difference. I can't promise that I won't talk about myself but that's because I, incidentally, am directly involved with both of those topics.
Delete